Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Costco, Dick's, and other exciting news...


I think it's about time I blogged again. What has it been 2? 3 months? Who can tell. I suppose those who look at the date of my last post and compare it to todays. Whatever.

Jonathan and I have been married for two months now. It's been an exciting two months, lots going on, totaled cars, new cars, buying a puppy, taking the puppy back. You know. Exciting stuff like that.
This weekend we caved and joined Costco. What a great place to blow your paycheck and eat a gozillion samples. I was sure to stop at EVERY sample station, Jonathan would just stop, push the cart to the side, and wait while I enjoyed delicious free snacks. I also found that multi-packs of toothpaste and toilet paper make for a surprisingly exhilarating purchase.

After our super fun, snack-filled trip to Costco, we decided to go buy an elliptical machine at Dick's. I'd been wanting one for a while, and we found a great deal on a floor model on clearance, so we decided to get it. Problem: when you buy the floor model, it doesn't come in a box. It's already assembled and you have to take it as is. Now, the salesman will tell you with the utmost confidence that it will EASILY fit into your Honda Element. Oh sure, he would know right?? Why would he tell us that if it wasn't really true? What's that? To close the sale? Oh...

Needless to say, we drove home with an elliptical machine half wedged in our Element, half hanging out of the back. While we were loading it into the car at the store, the "helpful" sales associate asked Jonathan to help him tip it sideways and one of the wheeley feet thingys flew up and slammed Jonathan right by his eye causing instant swelling and a beautiful bruise. Nice.

Fortunately, our beloved new machine has wheels on the front of it, so all Jonathan and I have to do when we get it home is wheel it around the sidewalk and lift it up 2 steps to get in our front door. Easy. Or... not so much. Yeah, one of the wheels broke about 2 feet into the process. That added to the fun. We got it inside and I said, "why don't we just leave it here until you can get a couple of guys to come over and help you get it upstairs?". Oh no, Jonathan was having none of that. He convinced me that we could get it up there ourselves. (Actually, I was never convinced, just agreed to go along with the plan. I'm a good submissive wife.)

Again, needless to say, we lost some drywall, we now have to repaint the majority of our staircase, and I almost broke two fingers when one of the wheeley feet thingys attacked me as well. We should have waited for help. But hey, now we can workout. So I guess that's good.

Friends quote of the day:
Ross: "Pivot... piv-ot... pi-vot..."
Chandler: "Shut up, shut up, shut uuuuuup!!!"

2 comments:

Ian said...

Wow. I thought that you stopped blogging when you got married. I was expecting to come back here to a Page Not Found message one day.

Candis said...

Costco? Exciting stuff! Was it a Friday night? Welcome to "romantic dates" as a married woman.

I always get excited when I go grocery shopping.