Wednesday, May 2, 2007

The best things in life are free...

"No, sir, I have no experience but I'm a big fan of money. I like it, I use it, I have a little. I keep it in a jar on top of my refrigerator. I'd like to put more in that jar. That's where you come in."

I thought I'd start off today with a quote from The Wedding Singer that's been running through my head a lot lately along with the song Money (That's What I Want). I need more money. There's no real point to today's blog other than to tell you that I need more money. Our first mortgage payment is due less than two weeks before we have to pay off our honeymoon. Sweet. I'm sure it will all be fine, we won't go bankrupt, it's just a little stressful. What if I need cute honeymoon clothes? What if I want to blow my paycheck on crap? What's this? Responsibility? I did not sign up for this.

On the bright side, my Mom gave me a Starbucks card today. Always a welcome gift. So I guess life isn't ALL bad.

Today's Friends quote (although I'm not really sure we even need one since we've already had a movie quote):

Ross: Phoebe used to mug people!
Monica: Seriously?
Phoebe: Well, I'm not proud of it. But, you know, sometimes, when I was living on the street, and I needed money for food and stuff...
Monica: Phoebe, that is awful!
Phoebe: Well, I wasn't rich like you guys, I didn't eat gold and have a flying pony. I had a hard life. My mother was killed by a drug dealer.
Monica: Your mother killed herself.
Phoebe: She was a drug dealer!
A long one I know, but it was worth it no?

1 comment:

Ian said...

Hey congratulations on getting approved for that sinking weight of an anchor called a mortgage payment. It will pull money out of your bank account faster than a democrat, and will suck worse than the Rockies. Funny thing about it is that each time you get a pay raise and think it's about to get easier, whamo! Bigger mortgage payment, car payment, kids. I wish I could tell you it gets easier, but you know what they say about wishes right?