Monday, May 21, 2007

Good Times... Noodle Salad

As you start reading today's post, take a second to glance over there to the right side of my page to the wedding countdown... go ahead... you can look now... We're in the double digits wa hoo!!
Jonathan and I will be married in less than 100 days. We'll be homeowners in less than 3... whew, that one came out of nowhere. Well, not nowhere, I mean we have been submitting copies of every document either of our names have ever appeared on, along with some that I swear have nothing to do with us, to about 15 different lenders, underwriters, account managers, and the list goes on and on and on... We are excited to have all of the paperwork over with and to own our first house. Let the decorating begin!! I'll be enlisting the help of my uber-talented new neighbor and sis-in-law to turn our home into a place that could be mistaken for some sort of high-end design gallery, all at a Wal-Mart price of course.

This past weekend my best friend Rachael flew in from Minnesota to throw me a Personal Bridal Shower and a Bachelorette party. Talk about a full weekend! We had a really great time and she did so much work. Did I forget to mention that she's also six and a half months pregnant? We started the weekend off right with a visit to Chedd's, aka the worlds best grilled cheese sandwich restaurant. I don't have any friends in Colorado who like to eat grilled cheese, so I never get to go. I know what you're thinking... "Who doesn't like grilled cheese?!?!" I know, I know, I need new friends.

For the Bachelorette we had dinner and drinks at Lime (one of my favorite restaurants downtown) followed by drinks at Gelazzi. That's right, they mix vodka and gelatto. YUM. Why didn't I think of that? It's like a spiked milkshake. Delicious. Although I would spike everything if it were up to me.

The next morning we had the Personal Shower, also a lot of fun. Although it is a tad awkward opening those kinds of gifts. Like "Hey, thanks for the sassy panties..... um... I like them." Even though I DID like them. Just not used to showing off my underoos to all of my friends. You know what I mean?

Well anyway, lots going on, busy weekend, lots of food, good times and noodle salad.

Friends quote for today: "Quit being so testosterony" "Ah.. The real Sanfrancisco Treat"

2 comments:

Ian said...

Chedds is awesome! If you need someone to go with you I'd be happy to.

Amy said...

For real??!?! When can we go??