Monday, June 4, 2007

And the weeks go on...

Man the time is flying by lately. The weeks just keep going... I can't catch up. Jonathan and I will be "The Fitch's" in about 12 weeks. Wa hoo! Hopefully before that happens my wedding dress and veil will arrive. Oh, and I'll get the invitations addressed and sent out, the salon booked, the valet booked, gifts for wedding party, new clothes for our honeymoon, pay off the honeymoon, and perhaps a little laser eye surgery. At least I'm never bored. On top of all of that I have to cook, clean, and do laundry for Jonathan. Mainly because we have a new house with a new washer and dryer and I don't want him to mess them up. No, I do not have control issues, I'm just practicing being a good wife.

We got one of those cool new front loader "high efficiency" washer/dryer combos. Although, I've heard rumors from certain family members that the efficiency of a washer/dryer comes more from the user than the machine... aka.. they're never efficient if you never use them. Weird. I have made an offer to said un-named family member to do their laundry at a discount from what the dry cleaners charge, but alas, they have not taken me up on my offer.

*Important Breaking News* We will be changing the chicken served at the reception from Chicken Limoncello to Chicken Picatta. If I knew why I would tell you. Sorry for those of you who are disappointed. If I were you I would get the beef filet anyways... it's melt in your mouth good. And seriously, who orders chicken over steak when someone else is paying? Even if you don't like red meat, I'm pretty sure it's worth it.

Well, it's late, and I should be in bed as I have to get up early for work... or to call in sick.. hmm.. as I am now fighting off some kind of sinus infection that I woke up with after being worked to death.. ahem.. er... I mean after an enjoyable event with my sis-in-law. It's ok, she pays well. I'll just send her a Dr's bill for the illness I inevitably incurred due to working insanely long hours. She'll laugh, I'll glare, she'll threaten to let me plan the rest of the wedding alone, I'll tear up the bill.

Today's post is a good example of the title of this blog, just incase you were pondering the blog's main title.

Friend's quote for the day: "Joey has a hernia, but don't worry, it's nothing that a little laser eye surgery can't fix."
I'll throw in a second one today: "Monday one day, Tuesday two day, Wednesday, where? when? what day? Thursday. The third day."

3 comments:

Ian said...

Said family member is more interested in your babysitting skills than your laundry skills, and would happily go out to dinner and a movie in un-laundered clothes while you enjoy the company of your wonderful nephews.

In the vein of movie/tv quotes: "Finally a word I understood. No Franc, we're going with the chipper chicken!"

And a second one for you. Can't believe that you missed this one (you're slipping).

CHANDLER: Okay, last night at dinner, when the meals came, she put half her chicken piccata on my plate and took my tomatoes.
ROSS: And that's bad because... you hate chicken piccata?
CHANDLER: Nooo.
ROSS: You didn't want to share your tomatoes, tomatoes are very important to you.

Sorry for the long, rambling comment. Just trying to keep up the theme here.

Candis said...

hey, how much was that laundry quote?

Amy said...

ah yes, good quotes, it was late sorry about my lack of Friends quoting skills, I feel ashamed.

The laundry quote? It depends how much you give me to do...