Thursday, June 28, 2007

Random Anniversaries and TV Sagas

Jonathan reminded me today that this is our 8 month "engagement anniversary". This tells me one thing... we've been engaged for entirely too long. It's time. We should have been married months ago. On the bright side, the gifts are really starting to pour in. Yes, gifts can pour. Several times a week the doorbell rings and I find a large box from Target sitting on my front door step. Wa hoo! This is afterall the reason you get married right? All the free gifts.

On an entirely different subject, it will be several more weeks before we get our TV service installed. Apparently the HOA approval process for a satellite dish takes up to 30 days. Great. We have now had 3 failed attempts at getting TV. Perhaps it's not meant to be? That can't be it. TV makes my days off work a lot less boring. How could one live without it?

Ok, well it's time for food. I'm off to cook a gourmet dinner of whatever I can find in my tiny cupboards. Wish me luck.

Friends quote for today:
JOEY: You probably recognize me from a little show called "The Days of Our Lives"
ROSS: Dude, it's just "Days of Our Lives"... there's no "the".
JOEY: Ok, Ross.... I play Dr. Drake Ramoray
SARAH: I'm sorry, I don't own a TV.
JOEY: You don't own a TV? What's all your furniture pointed at??

2 comments:

Ian said...

"This is afterall the reason you get married right? All the free gifts."
Yes, yes. The FREE gifts, as opposed to the gifts you have to pay for right?

Amy said...

Sometimes you get told a gift is free and then you have to send $12.95 shipping and handling. Although that usually only happens when I order things from infomercials. Maybe I should stop doing that?